How would you start your first scuba diving trip?
You love water, you love to explore the life cycle of totally different life forms, which are dwelling right below the water. It is a different world all together when you reach underwater with all sorts of colorful life forms, coral reefs, shipwrecks, and other marine life forms. Wanted to experience it, but don’t know how to start and what are the things needed before you head to any scuba diving locations.
Do not worry; here are few vital tips that you should consider before going to scuba diving trip:
1. Not a certified diver, not a problem: There are many dive shops that offers day course for scuba diving. The diving instructor will teach you the basics of diving and then he/she will take you to the open water to dive in.
2. Pack your bathing suit, that’s all: You just have to carry a bathing suit, rest of the equipments you can rent it all. If you are taking a guided dive, generally the cost of the equipments are included.
3. What is the process of getting certification: If you are taking an open-water scuba certification, that whole process will take at least 3 days. The process of certification includes some reading and understanding, course work, apart from the water instructions. It is advisable to take this course before heading to your trip, that way you will not waste your precious vacation time in learning it.
4. Companies that offers cerification: There are many companies, which offer this certification courses, most popular among them are PADI, NAUI, and SSI.
5. Do not forget to carry your certification card:Once you get certification for your scuba diving, you should carry this certification card with you to the trip. It is mandatory that you show your certification card. However, by any chance you forgot it; let the diving operator know about it asap. It is possible to get the information of your certification online through company’s website.
6. Good to have a refresher course: Let say, you have this certification, but it has been a quite while you have gone to any scuba diving recently. Several dive operators offer a short refresher course. It is a good idea to brush your skills.
7. No flying or driving to higher altitudes: And most important thing to be noted is that, right within 12-24 hours of diving you must not fly or drive to higher altitudes. Remember these things while planning your vacation.