1. One of the most important things to take care of while vacationing or travelling is health especially, if you or your families are having food allergies. If you are visiting other countries, you should learn what they are called in their language.
2. Second most important things are to know the types of disease which are common in that country. Prevention is better than cure. Find out with your doctor about the vaccination if they have any and know about the preventive measure.
3. Go for your body and dental check up before heading for your vacation.
4. While you are travelling in different countries, be careful about what you are eating and drinking. It is advisable to carry health information on your trip.
5. There are websites from where you can get information about the health and prevention of disease while travelling. For example, www.cdc.gov/travel/, it is the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Information web page. It contains different articles on health as well as updated information on various disease spread. There are guidelines available if you are travelling to the place which has suffered from the recent natural disaster.
6. One of the most common problems for the travelers is diarrhea. Well, water is the main reasons for it. So you should stick with bottled or boiled water for drinking. Most important, order your water without ice. Ice can also be dangerous. As far as possible avoid raw foods.